Sunday, January 4, 2009

LOOKING BACK.

Looking Back

As I looked back I saw you.
I saw joy with you.
I saw love with you.
But when I looked back to reach out my hand to you
Why did I suddenly go blind?

As I looked back I heard you.
I heard you say that you would never hurt me.
I heard you say that you would always be there.
But when I looked back to hear you say I love you
Why did I suddenly go deaf?

As I looked back I felt you.
I felt you hold me in your arms.
I felt you touch me like your hands were made for my body.
But when I looked back to feel you hold me in my time of need
Why did I suddenly go numb?

As I look back now you’re gone.
I watched you hurt me.
I watched you walk away.
But when I look back now you’re just a memory.
A memory that my heart will never forget.

But now I'm looking forward.
I’m looking forward to being happy.
I'm looking forward to a new future.
I'm looking forward and never looking back.

No comments: